Hi there

I have reviewed this draft for the routing directorate as part of preparing it
for IETF last call and IESG review.

I was familiar with this document from the time that I chaired the PCE working
group, but this was the first time I read it all the way through and paid
attention to all details.  I found it easy to read and understand.  I think it
is basically ready to go with a few small clarifications and nits, below.

Cheers
Jon

Document: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-09
Reviewer: Jon Hardwick
Review Date: 18 June 2019
IETF LC End Date: LC not started yet
Intended Status: Standards Track

Comments
Section 3 is somewhat redundant IMO.
4.1 you should ideally provide a reference for how to do MBB signalling.
4.3 "Similarly, if a PCC gets overwhelmed due to signaling churn, it can notify
the PCE to temporarily suspend new LSP setup requests."  I think this is
covered by 5.7 as well as the PCE case, but you only refer to 5.7 for the
latter. Please point to 5.7 for both cases.
5.1 Not a big deal, but I wonder if there is any practical reason to
differentiate the final two bullets.
5.6 Why are AUTO-BANDWIDTH-ATTRIBUTES required (MUST) in the LSPA object of a
PCRpt?  If the LSP is PCE-initiated, then the PCE already knows what attributes
were specified.  If the LSP is PCC-Initiated, then the attributes are the PCC's
business - the PCE can't change them (per 5.5) and I don't think the PCE even
needs to know what they are.
7.2 Misuses RFC 2119 language to request an action from a working group.  In
other documents (when there is not already a draft in progress to do it) we
have reworded this as "the YANG / MIB could be updated" etc.

Nits
5: "Extensions to the PCEP" would sound better as "PCEP Extensions"
7: In RFC 6123 it says "The Manageability Considerations section SHOULD be
placed immediately before the Security Considerations section in any
Internet-Draft." - but here, it comes after.