Dear PCE WG,

We presented the PCEP-LS [1] I-D [2] in the IETF 110 with a quick recap and
a summary of past discussions. Some new scenarios such as PCECC, H-PCE were
highlighted where the PCEP session could be reused.

This is an experimental I-D with the aim to progress research and
development efforts. This work is not a replacement for any of the existing
mechanisms. There are specific scenarios highlighted where the reuse of
PCEP sessions for this information is deemed useful. To make progress, it
may not be useful to rehash the beauty context between everyone's favorite
protocol :). What would be useful would be - finding out if there is still
interest in this experimental work by some in the WG; are there strong
technical objections for the experiment in its limited scope etc...

As a next step, it would be good to define the scope of the experiments and
expected output especially targeting the scalability concerns as well as
impact in other protocols and the network, etc.

>From the last query on this draft March 18th we received positive feedback
from Aijun Wang with China Telecom mentioned that as a telco are interest
in deploying in their network PCEP-LS once the Huawei implementation is
ready.  Aijun pointed out in the thread that using this draft simplifies
the implementation of SDN controller.  One question asked by Aijun was
related to section 9.2.1 LS Capability TLV R=1 remote allowed meaning
hybrid mode to provide flexibility for operators not yet using SDN
(SDN-like) SBI.  For any operators already using PCEP as SDN (SDN-like)
SBI, a direct PCEP session already exist between all the nodes in the
network and the PCE which would be the PCECV SDN scenario in which case the
R flag in the open message is set to 0.

We also received positive feedback from Peter Park with telco KT regarding
interest in PCEP-LS.

We also had feedback from Bin as they have implemented PCEP and have
interest in this experimental implementation of this work.

I would like to poll the WG again for interest in progressing research and
development efforts of this draft as experimental.

As stated in the last WG poll, I would like get feedback from the WG on
scope of experiments especially related to scalability concerns and impact
to other protocols on the network.

Thanks!

Gyan (on behalf of co-authors)

[1]