Hi Dhruv,

I agree: this is a wider issue than just this draft. And I think it was
discussed way back for some early part of the PCEP work, but I really can’t
recall how or what the conclusions were.

The IETF has a Directorate for Internationalisation
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/i18ndir/about/) and they should be able to
help. Once upon a time I would have said, “Let’s meet up with a couple of them
over coffee at the IETF and see if we can understand the problem space and
scope. But we have a new normal, so probably the thing to do is ask the
Directorate if they could supply one or two people to work with us on this and
then set up a call after the IETF and after we have all got over the zoom-lag.

At the moment I don’t even know what questions we should be asking each other!

A first step might be to collect all of the free-form text strings currently in
PCEP and list out how they are used. Then we can have a starting point for a
conversation.

Cheers,

Adrian