Thanks Haomian,

Looking good.

Cut down to just a few open points.

Best,

Adrian

4. (for VIRTUAL-NETWORK-TLV)

   Length: Variable Length

Length of what and in what units?

Just the Virtual Network Name or the whole TLV?

Probably in octets.

What is the maximum allowed value? Surely not 2^16.

[Haomian]  propose as follow:

OLD:

Length: Variable Length

NEW:

Length: Variable Length, which covers all the Virtual Network Identifiers.

END

Was hoping for (if I have it right)…

Length: The length in octets of the Virtual Network Identifier, not including
the Type or Length field.

BTW, is it a MUST to have a maximum value?

No, there is no such requirement. However, without setting one, you allow the
Virtual Network Identifier to by 2^16 bytes long which would, I think, probably
break the PCEP message.

Often, fields like this are limited to 255 bytes or something like that. But it
can be let completely open so that the implementation can trade this field off
against other message fields.

---

4.

How does internationalization work for the Virtual Network Name?

Why is ASCII acceptable?

[Haomian] not changed, looking for future advice. My personal taking is ‘all
ASCII should find the same processing rule for internationalization’.

OK. You could send a message to the internationalisation directorate (
<mailto:i18n...@ietf.org> i18n...@ietf.org) to ask for advice, or you could
leave this as it is and see whether the ADs have any concerns.

---

4.

Does the Virtual Network Name need to be unique across all VNAGs? I

suspect that it doesn't because its use is basically out of scope of

this work.

[Haomian]  propose as follow:

OLD:

Virtual Network Name (variable): an unique symbolic name for the VN.

NEW:

Virtual Network Identifier (variable): an symbolic name for the VN that is
unique in this TLV.

END

OK, that is clear.

s/an/a/