From: Andrew Alston - IETF <andrew-i...@liquid.tech>
Date: Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 12:59 PM
Subject: Directorate Early Reviews
To: rtg-cha...@ietf.org <rtg-cha...@ietf.org>

Hi All,

Following the helpful feedback received during chair’s meeting and further
discussion between the routing AD’s, we would like to propose the following:

   1. We will require early directorate reviews before documents come to
   the AD’s to enter the publication queue
   2. We suggest that these reviews are done either in parallel with the
   working group last call or between the working group last call and
   publication request
      1. In the case of the early directorate review being done in parallel
      with the last call, it is suggested to use this approach only if there is
      indication that the document is stable, since we ask that the
early review
      is done on the version of the document that will be received by
the AD’s at
      the time of requested publication.
   3. While we require early review from the routing directorate, it is in
   the chair’s discretion if they wish to request early review from other
   directorates.  As a guideline, we recommend a security directorate review
   in addition to the routing area directorate.

We are still discussing all the feedback (and there was a lot of
substantive feedback), so expect more from us in the coming weeks regarding
the rest of the feedback.

Thanks

Andrew Alston (On Behalf of the Routing AD’s)

Internal All Employees