Hi Samuel, WG,

I support the change, i.e., using constraints/metric-type from Flex-algo
definition for path computation.

Only based on that, PCE can have more possibility to get algo-SIDs for the
computed path, compared to the traditional constraints (such as that contained
in LSPA object, Metric object) which may indicate inconsistent constraints with
FAD.

Although, the traditional constraints may also construct a set of constraints
that is consistent with the expected content of FAD (assuming we don't consider
the subtle differences in the definitions of similar fields between them), PCE,
if without any upgrade, has no motivation to translate the computed path to
algo-SID list, and more important, the computed path (e.g, an explicit ERO
list) may be totally different with flex-algo BE-path (a single ERO), and cause
the algo-SID filtering to fail.

Thus an explicit indication is necessary for PCE to re-use flex-algo BE path
for each domain. If this indication is algo-id, traditional constraints is
redundant and no useful at least for the reused flex-algo BE path. However,
algo-id constraint may also combine with other useful constraints to get more
complicated path, such as a TE-path of an NRP created in the flex-algo
topology.  We can define processing rules when algo-id constraint and other
constraints exist simultaneously.

Regards,

PSF

Original