Hi Jim,

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 6:06 PM Jim Guichard via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Jim Guichard has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-22: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)
>

> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6/

> COMMENT:
>
> Thank you for a well written document. Minor nit:
>
> Section 3.1 - 2nd Paragraph. Please review this paragraph as it seems to
> say
> that the MPLS mechanisms remain unchanged, but the text is difficult to
> parse.
> Please make the meaning clear.

Yes, I can see that. The text aimed to clarify that in the case IPv6 is
used (instead of IPv4) for SR-MPLS, the PCEP procedures are as per RFC 8664
and not this document.

How is this change ->

OLD:

   For the use of an IPv6 control plane but an MPLS data plane,
   mechanism remains the same as specified in [RFC8664].

   This document describes the extension to support SRv6 in PCEP.

NEW:

   When SR-MPLS is used with an IPv6 network, the PCEP procedures and

   mechanisms are as specified in [RFC8664].

   When SR leverages the IPv6 forwarding plane (i.e. SRv6), the PCEP

   procedures and mechanisms are extended in this document.

END

Thanks!
Dhruv