Hi all,
I missed the WG LC for the draft, thus being late but anyway -  I made the
review below and share my thoughts too. I support  this draft due to its
importance, i.e.  during my work on an in-house SDN controller with PCE
capability, I did a lot of PCEP testing for 4 major network equipment vendors.
All of them have different SRGB/SRLB ranges so we had to add additional
complexity for defining each vendor type and hardcode those ranges. Such static
approach is not good  in a long term. That is why it is a very practical and
useful solution.My comments (mainly cosmetic) about the  text and suggestions
for a change are after -> sign.
SY,Boris

Review : Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) extension to
advertise the PCE Controlled Identifier Space
                  draft-ietf-pce-controlled-id-space-00

Abstract In some use cases, such as PCECC or Binding Segment Identifier (SID)
for Segment Routing (SR), there are requirements for a stateful PCE to make
allocation of labels, SIDs, etc. ->  In some use cases, such as PCECC or
Binding Segment Identifier (SID) for Segment Routing (SR) provisioning,  there
are requirements for a stateful PCE to allocate the labels, SIDs, etc.
These use cases require PCE aware of various identifier spaces from where to
make allocations on behalf of a PCC. -> These use cases require PCE to be aware
of various identifier spaces from where to make allocations on behalf of a PCC.
This document describes a generic mechanism for a PCC to inform the PCE of the
identifier space set aside for the PCE control via PCEP.  -> This document
describes a generic mechanism for a PCC to inform the PCE about the identifier
space which is outside of the PCE control via PCEP. (IMO it sounds a bit
clearer.)

1.  Introduction For supporting stateful operations, [RFC8231] specifies a set
of extensions to PCEP to enable stateful control of LSPs within and across PCEP
sessions in compliance with [RFC4657]. ->  For supporting stateful operations,
[RFC8231] specifies a set of extensions for PCEP to enable stateful control of
LSPs within and across PCEP sessions in compliance with [RFC4657].
Furthermore, [RFC8281] describes the setup, maintenance, and teardown of
PCE-initiated LSPs under  the stateful PCE model without the need for local
configuration on the PCC, thus allowing for a dynamic network that is centrally
controlled and deployed. -> Furthermore, [RFC8281] describes the setup,
maintenance, and teardown of PCE-initiated LSPs under the stateful PCE
model,without the need for local configuration on the PCC, thus allowing for a
dynamic network communications which are centrally controlled and deployed.
This documnet adds the capability to advertise the label range via a PCEP
extension. ->  This document adds the capability to advertise the label range
via a PCEP extension. (misprint in 'document')
4.  Overview
 A PCC can include a corresponding ID-CONTROL-SPACE TLVs in the OPEN Object to
inform the  corresponding ID space information that it wants the PCE to
control. ->  A PCC MAY include a corresponding ID-CONTROL-SPACE TLVs in the
OPEN Object to inform the corresponding ID space information that it wants the
PCE to control. This is an optional TLV, the PCE could be aware of the ID space
from some other means outside of PCEP.-> This is an optional TLV, the PCE MAY
be aware of the ID space from some other means outside of PCEP.
This section does not have an explicit description what if PCE does not support
ID-CONTROL-SPACE TLV, should it send PCErr or just ignore it?
5.1.2.  FUNCT-ID-CONTROL-SPACE TLV
The length equals to LB length + LN length in the SID Structure. -> LB (Locator
Block ?) and LN abbreviations need to be explained here or in separate section
for used abbreviations.
P.S.I also support Samuel's comment about  defining an addition sub-type of
delegated space and a synchronization issue in case of several PCEs, it sounds
reasonable and useful.

The end of review.

On Tuesday, June 4, 2024 at 11:29:02 AM GMT+3, Boris Hassanov