Echo request 😊

Hope to have your valuable suggestions!

Thanks,
Cheng

From: Cheng Li <c.l=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 11:46 AM
To: pce@ietf.org
Subject: [Pce] Where the Controlled ID info shuold be carried/encoded?

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your helpful review and comments of our draft
draft-ietf-pce-controlled-id-space.
In the WG adoption, I can summarize our discussion into the below bullets, hope
they are correct,

  1.  The draft is useful, and the mechanism defined in the draft is needed, we
should work on it. (Thanks!)
  2.  We need to discuss the where the info should be carried in the PCEP. Open
Object seems not so good ☹
  3.  TLV encoding should be updated to be more generic or let's avoid the
generic description and define specific sub-TLVs as needed.

I see the reasons why we decided to carry the info in PCEP Open Object, because
it is a device-wide configuration info, which should not be modified in the
running state. We may face a lot of trouble of removing some IDs and then
modify the range in a running network. However, we may also need to handle the
negotiation between PCC and PCE?  Therefore, I am also concerning about this.

I like to hear your voice on this, which object/msg is appropriate to carry the
info? I am open with other options.

Possible options could be

l  Open message

l  Use PCEP-LS encoding and make this a node attribute

l  New type of notification

l  New message/object

Once we get the conclusion of this, we can go to the bullet 3, which is much
easier that bullet 2. IMHO, I will prefer to define sub-TLVs one by one, this
can decouple the relations between IDs, though we may need to delete the
'generic' words.

Thoughts?
Cheng