From: Samuel Sidor (ssidor) <ssi...@cisco.com>
Date: Monday, July 8, 2024 at 5:30 AM
To: Boris Hassanov <bhassa...@yahoo.com>, pce@ietf.org <pce@ietf.org>, Dhruv
Dhody <d...@dhruvdhody.com>
Cc: pce-chairs <pce-cha...@ietf.org>,
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-ven...@ietf.org
<draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-ven...@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Pce] WGLC for draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-vendor-03

CAUTION: This is an external email. Please be very careful when clicking links
or opening attachments. See the URL nok.it/ext for additional information.

Hi Boris,

At least my understanding is that:
1) As indicated later in that draft "Different instances of the object can have
different Enterprise Numbers" - Enterprise ID can be different, but it can be
same as well, so you can decide to include 2 vendor info objects with same
Enterprise number if you want as well (e.g. if each of them represent some
future standard object with not allocated codepoints and you want to simplify
parsing).

" if we have big/huge amount of LSPs in that PCRpt message, will we have Vendor
Information Object per each object per each LSP?"

Correct. Let's use one example - you want to report per LSP statistics in PCEP
- since there is no standard object, you can encode it into vendor specific
object. If there is 3rd party PCE, then it will just ignore it (because
Enterprise ID is not matching).

2) Since format of vendor object/TLV used by each vendor is not
published/standardized (this is answering you other question as well), then at
least I'm really assuming that in vast majority of cases, vendor objects for
multiple different vendors will not be advertised. E.g. Cisco PCC will use
vendor info object with cisco enterprise number only. "
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7470.html#section-6.1"; is already even
suggesting making advertisement of vendor object configurable, so it can be
blocked if 3rd party PCE is used. See also
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-vendor-03.html#section-4
 - draft is already inheriting all manageability considerations from RFC7470.

3) Enterprise numbers are not PCEP specific. See:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers/

Regards,
Samuel