Hi All,

We will be having a meeting this coming Thursday at 7:30 in the large
conference room at the CDFA Plant Pest Diagnostics lab in Sacramento.

Tim Manolis will be speaking on his field work examining odonate exuviae for
salticid spider occupancy, and in particular of the intensive and widespread
use of these exuviae by the salticid Sassacus vitis. He will also be discussing
the little known aspects of brood parasitism of salticid egg sacs by various
wasp species.
Tim is well known as the author of "Dragonflies and Damselflies of California"
and illustrator of "Butterflies of the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento Valley
Regions." and the recently released "Field Guide to the Spiders of California
and the Pacific Coast States."

We plan to serve dinner in the cafeteria around 6:00 (let me know if you will
be arriving later), followed by the talk at 7:30. If you plan to attend the
dinner please let me know
(chris.bork...@gmail.com<mailto:chris.bork...@gmail.com>) so that I can order
the appropriate amount of food.

Driving directions (plenty of free parking) are available at
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/ppd/seminars.html. The address is also in my
signature below.

If you are interested in coming up earlier in the day you can also attend the
CDFA / Plant Pest Diagnostics Center seminar at 3:00pm. This will also be held
in the large conference room at the Meadowview Road laboratory in Sacramento.
The talk: "Reassembly of native pollinator communities in an agricultural
landscape in California" will be presented by Dr. Leithen M'Gonigle (UC
Berkeley/ Entomology).

I hope you will all be able to join us!

Cheers

Chris

Dr. Chris Borkent
Postdoctoral Researcher
Plant Pest Diagnostics Center
California Department of Food and Agriculture
3294 Meadowview Road<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
Sacramento, CA 95832, USA<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>

email: chris.bork...@gmail.com<mailto:chris.bork...@gmail.com>
phone: (916) 262-1152<tel:(916)%20262-1152>
fax: (916) 262-1190<tel:(916)%20262-1190>
http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/ppd/staff/cborkent.html