Hi Everyone,

*Please share this widely*

Our big Hopland scientific bioblitz is this weekend (9-10 April, with some
events on the 8th) and I look forward to seeing many of you there. If you
can't make it to HREC, there are many ways you can remotely help us and
check out what is happening all weekend long.

*HELP US OUT.* http://www.inaturalist.org/ Many people will be using
iNaturalist to make and share observations. Helping out the effort is easy.
Look for observations at the iNaturalist site by searching for "Hopland" in
the "Projects" pulldown menu and choose "Hopland Research Extension
Center". Once there, you can browse the plants and animals needing
identification and needing confirmation. Every identification counts toward
our goal of massively increasing the knowledge of the HREC's flora and
fauna.

*VOTE ON IMAGES.*  http://www.hoplandbioblitz.org/ We are hosting an image
contest for the plants and animals of HREC. Great prizes will be given  for
images that get the most votes(REI gift cards and a GoPro grand prize!).
Please visit the site and vote for your favorites frequently during the
weekend and share them and then sit back and what the slide show.

*CHECK US OUT*. http://geoportal.ucanr.edu/# Our new app will graphically
show you our progress for the bioblitz observations. Results will be
updated every 15 minutes. See how your favorite groups are doing in the
challenge to document as many species as possible.

Look for *#HoplandBioblitz* on *Twitter *and *Instagram*

*Follow along* on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HoplandREC/

 best,
Kip

Contact info:

Kipling W. Will
Associate Professor/Insect Systematist
Director, Essig Museum of Entomology

send specimens to:
Essig Museum of Entomology
1101 Valley Life Sciences Building, #4780
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-4780

letter mail to:
130 Mulford Hall
ESPM Dept.- Organisms & Environment Div.
University of California
Berkeley, California 94720

fax 510-643-5438