From: MaGioZal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on 2/11/06 12:01 AM, William Ove at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I was wondering if there are any applications that will handle
streaming audio feeds in OS 8.1. I thought perhaps Audion, but it
download pages says it needs 8.6 (probably needs the CarbonLib).

William, there's a version of CarbonLib that works on Mac OS 8.1, giving to this Mac OS version the plus of Navigation Services (the new "Open" and
"Save" windows to the applications that support it).

I use Navigation Services. It works for a few things and causes no trouble with the rest. I had CarbonLib installed for OS 8.1, but it did very little. All the items I tried that used/needed the CarbonLib needed a newer version than the one that works with 8.1.

C&G distributed an MP3 player that I think morphed into iTunes. I do
not recall the name, or if it even handled streaming audio.

SoundJam!
:-)

That is what I was trying to think of. I found enough information to see that it works with 8.1, but I was not able to find the application for download.

Thanks
bill

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal