At 8:57 PM -0700 on 2/23/06, Paul Stamsen wittily wrote:

>My reply follows quote.
>
>On 2/23/06, at 9:19 pm -0500, Gary & Jamie Witmer wrote:
>
>>That doesn't potend well for those of us who are *really* low end
>>users (like OS 8.1 and I.E. 5.1.7). Are the Low End Mac lists really
>>going to be on a venue that low end Mac users can't access?
>
>I bet you can receive it all day on Eudora. and That is available for lots
>older than OS 8
>
> p.
>--
Receiving the email is not the issue it is rather that unless one is running
OS X or you use a PC there doesn't seem a way to create an account for Google
Groups or to login to Google Groups.

What one can do is to send an email to Google Groups and subscribe, but that
only works for individual messages and then one can not configure anything or
read the email in the Google Groups web page or do any of the things touted
by Dan Knight as advantages.

I would conclude that Dan didn't do any checking with a browser running OS 9
when he set up the Google Groups lists. Nice huh? Yeah there is a Vintage Mac
list and an OS 9 list, etc., but you have to use OS X or a PC to actually
have any advantages that I can see.
--
<<<>>>
Curiosity killed the cat,

("`-''-/").___ ..- -''"`.. _
( 6_ 6 )    `-.        (     ``-._.-`)
(_Y_.)'        ._   )  `._ `.'``-..-'
 ` `_..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
   ((((,-''  ((((,'  (((.-' fl

Blessings,
Denny

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal