On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, ad...@bugs.exim.org wrote:

> I???ve noticed that '\p{N}|\p{Nd}|\p{Nl}|\p{No}' doesn???t appear to match
> some
> characters that should be in one of the numeric categories. E.???g., ???
> (category
> ??other number??), ??? (category ??letter number??), ??? (category ??other
> number??) are
> not matched.
>
> I???ve tried this both with PCRE and PCRE2 (built with Unicode property
> support).
> In the specs I read that the latest PCRE release is using the Unicode 6.3
> tables, so examples above should already have been in there.
>
> I could produce matches for fractions like ?? (??other number??), though.

Please can you give the Unicode code points for the characters that
cause problems. They all seem to have been turned into question marks by
the time the message got to me via Bugzilla, so I cannot check them.

The latest PCRE1 release (8.37) is using Unicode 7.0.0 but as it is now
maintenance-only, it probably won't be updated further. The latest PCRE2
release (10.20) is the same, but the next release (probably out next
month) will use 8.0.0.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel