  From: Larry Cotton
  To: Maillist for EPCUG
  Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [Pcusers] Reminder - Monday's Eugene PC Users Group
WeeklyWorkshop!

  On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Marion Service <walli...@comcast.net> wrote:

    Hi John:    Lask week, Larry showed Annie how to flag an email family
member in a list of GMAIL CONTACTS.  Boy, I can't find anywhere that tells me
how to do that!  Do you know?  If so, let me know.  Thanks,  Marion

    The purpose of the flag is to make it noticeable in the list of incoming
email messages so you can go right to the "important" messages!  Sounds
wonderful!  but HOW???

  Hi, Marion,

  Actually the flag is for "Important" mail and you teach Google what it is
same as you teach it what is spam.

  The Google help page about it is here.

  The gist is when looking at a message in Gmail look just to the right of the
Subject for a small polygon. If you click it, it will turn yellow. That flags
it important. As Gmail learns what you believe is important it will begin
flagging messages automatically.

  Now in Gmail settings you can customize the Inbox to list important mail to
the top. Click here to read about it.

  That should do it!  :)

  -=Lare=-