Then my real question is how to make Firefox my default browser without re-installing Firefox where I think, if I remember correctly, one is then given a choice?

I know I've seen this answered somewhere before so another question would be: Without bringing it up in a forum such as PCWorks, where on the internet or in "help" would I find this information? The question seems so elementary that I should have the independence to get that information myself.

Interesting question, Harold. It is saved as a FF web page. Any file with the extension "htm" or "html" is seen by your computer as a web page. In your case the icon shows as IE, because IE is currently your default browser (Sometimes this gets screwed up when you change browsers). If you set FF as your default browser, the icons will change, but there will be no change in the file at all.

The larger point is that the icons are just a convenience. They show which program will open a given file by default, but you can always use the Right-click "Open with" option to open a file in another program, or just open the program first, then navigate to the file in question. Many long time Windows users have no idea of this concept, and I don't know why. --- Hugh Vandervoort

Harold B. wrote:
Hello again ... As a result of many uninstalls and re-installs of Firefox this weekend (EverNote issue?), Firefox opens fine, with no EverNote to be seen, but I must have clicked the wrong button someplace and now when right-clicking and saving a page as a webpage (like on the desktop), it saves as Microsoft Internet