This is a pretty bad one with apparently no fix.  I checked all
the URL's I don't see any workaround where they mentioned:
"Added workaround to the 'Solution' section."
-Clint

TITLE:
Firefox "firefoxurl" URI Handler Registration Vulnerability

SECUNIA ADVISORY ID:
SA25984

VERIFY ADVISORY:
http://secunia.com/advisories/25984/

CRITICAL:
Highly critical

IMPACT:
System access

WHERE:
>From remote

REVISION:
1.1 originally posted 2007-07-10

SOFTWARE:
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.x
http://secunia.com/product/12434/

A vulnerability has been discovered in Firefox, which can be
exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.

The problem is that Firefox registers the "firefoxurl://" URI
handler
and allows invoking firefox with arbitrary command line
arguments.
Using e.g. the "-chrome" parameter it is possible to  execute
arbitrary Javascript in chrome context. This can be exploited
execute arbitrary commands e.g. when a user visits a malicious
web
site using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

The vulnerability is confirmed in Firefox version 2.0.0.4 on a
fully
patched Windows XP SP2. Other versions may also be affected.

SOLUTION:
Do not browse untrusted sites.

Disable the "Firefox URL" URI handler.

CHANGELOG:
2007-07-10: Added workaround to the "Solution" section.

ORIGINAL ADVISORY:
http://www.xs-sniper.com/sniperscope/IE-Pwns-Firefox.html

http://larholm.com/2007/07/10/internet-explorer-0day-exploit/