On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

How does .pdsettings fit in any way with Debian ?
how does it not?

Sorry. My question should have been:

  how does .pdsettings fit in Debian in a way that .pdrc doesn't?

debian-packages usually are configured via files in both /etc/ (system-dependent) and ${HOME}/ (user-dependent). however, every time i ask for this feature,

"Pd is not for real systems"

What does that mean??

Anyway, if you want to fallback to /etc, you could code it in devel_0_39. However, I problem that I see is that, when prefix=/usr the global conf should get installed in /etc, but not when prefix=$HOME. and then, when it's the default prefix=/usr/local, should it install in /usr/local/etc or in /etc ?