On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
On Jan 24, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
What other programming language has aliases?
Ruby accepts both 'indices' and 'indexes' as selectors in the Array and Hash classes. Ruby has 'alias' as a reserved word.
I mean aliases for functions. I know of no programming language besides Pd (and maybe Max) that has multiple names for functions that do the exact same thing.

Ruby has no "functions", and neither does pd. What are you talking about?

selectors/methods is as close to functions you can get in Ruby. It's certainly closer to the concept of function, than pd's concept of object is.