Hi List!

As far as I know the gem-object "pix_movie" uses either directshow or quicktime to playback films.

I tried to encode the film to various formats and then open it with pix_movie. This is was a very time consuming and frustrating job. finally on my xp system only motion jpeg works. (very large video- files :-( )

Is there an easy way to find out which formats pix_movie is able to play back?

can you sort of "ask" pix_move or quicktime and direct show what they support?

btw:
i recommend the open source software "mpeg_streamclip "
features:
- free
- convert videos to various formats
- rip a dvd