On Sep 19, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Arnout Engelen wrote:

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 01:24:02PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
Since there aren't current testing builds, you're best bet is to build
from source.

No problem

The comma error is fixed in SVN, but not in the source
tarball. So if you use SVN or rsync (search puredata.info for 'rsync')
to get the code, it should build a .deb.

Right - I was still using CVS, I updated the documentation at
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource to reflect the move to
SVN :).

Thanks for that!  :-D

There is only one debian/control, it uses the Debian tools to get the dep
versions automatically at build time.

Ah, right, I had been wondering about that.

After getting the latest SVN, I ended up with a package without the tcl files. When I added the following to the Makefile around line 120 and built again,
it was OK:

# tcl files
       install -d $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/lib/pd/tcl
       install -p $(pd_src)/tcl/*.tcl $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/pd/tcl

.. however I'm not quite sure if this change made the difference.

The 'tcl' subdir was just introduced in the unreleased 0.43. < 0.43 uses pd/src/u_main.tk as the Tcl file. If you are using a Pd-extended branch then there will be no pd/tcl subdir. If you want a working Pd, I recommend checking out the tags/pd-extended/0.41.4, if you want to help test/fix the next release, then go with trunk, then you'll need to switch the 'pd' section to branches/pd-extended/0.42/pd

.hc

Thanks!

Arnout