Yeah, I added the "pd set-startup", etc. stuff to m_glob.c and s_path.c. Regardless of the startup procedure, I think pd-gui should be able to request state from pd so it can stay in sync. A dialog shouldn't be required to get this info. This is akin to IOhannes' idea that pd-gui's state should be settable by pd at any point while running.

Then it makes sense to reuse the same procedure for getting the state in the startup procedure, rather than having a custom method for only the startup procedure.

.hc