I've been working through my CUDA Pd project, and I ran into the problem of
making externals that copy the canvas class.

My first idea was that I wanted a completely separate class with different
methods using glist.  Calls from Pd looking for t_canvas work just fine, but
functions like pd_findbyclass that look for canvas_class fail.  I started
mucking around in the pd src, and I think it's just too difficult and would
make onerous changes that I don't like.

Is there something I'm not getting about canvas classes and externals?

My second approach to creating an external library is to modify glist by
adding an "unsigned int gl_hascuda" variable.  I'd still prefer solutions
that make use of entirely external libraries over modifying src, but this
small change gets me half the way there.  Then, I just need to write the
creator functions and the class works.

Chuck