On Apr 9, 2011, at 2:27 AM, dmotd wrote:

On 04/09/2011 03:48 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
hello,

----- "dmotd"<inaudi...@simplesuperlativ.es>  a écrit :

and the source of my original problem, milllers pd.dll breaking the
gnu
linker likely will effect building other libs under mingw.

did you try to compile Miller's pd.dll with makefile.mingw ?

yes, but the build failed - i can't remember why.. and i decided to make the autotools work for mingw instead - that shouldn't be a bad thing, no?

It would be great if we had a single build system that worked on all platforms. The autotools/libtool based build system new in 0.43 did work on MinGW at some point, but I haven't tested it in a while. Also, I don't think I tried building externals against it. But as long as I left out ASIO, it built and ran.

.hc

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.42/pd/src

wouldn't it be easier to use pd.dll from pd-extended rather, because it has been compiled with mingw?

yes, but in principle you shouldn't need to install pd-extended to compile for pd.

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of Environmentalism", by Curtis White