On Jul 11, 2011, at 5:08 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

On 2011-07-05 13:04, Patrice Colet wrote:
I've removed this in configure.ac:

# ASIO is a C++ library, so if its included, then use g++ to build
CC=g++

compiles fine, only pd.exe is not working but pd.dll is fine, everything is built.

from all I've read in gnu manuals, automake automatically set g++ for cpp files so there is no need to set CC.

this what i have been suggesting (i think)

attached is a diff against upstreams Pd that should use g++ for linking when using ASIO (it might use g++ for all linking, but that should be ok
as well), by letting automake choose (rather than forcing it to use a
special linker like "g++" (which hardcodes the compiler name...uähh))

it works on linux :-)

We have the opposite problem than that automake hack is trying to solve. When ASIO is including, then everything including portaudio is built and linked using g++. Portaudio fails to build with g++, so we need to find a way to make only ASIO build with g++, while the rest build with gcc. I think automake will still choose g++ for linking since its choosing g++ for ASIO.

.hc