On Jul 27, 2011, at 5:47 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

On 07/27/2011 11:11 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

like you've covered that already.  As for 64-bit floats to output, a
quick hack to get things working is to just hammer samples down to
32-bits...

i don't think that's such a great idea.
loads of problems (mainly with granular synthesis or other applications where you want to access large tables sample accurately in the signal(!)
flow) can simply be fixed by making signals be 64bit too.

and then, quite some infrastructure code makes no clear separations
between t_float and t_sample, so it might be simpler to make Pd use
doubles throughout and not just for one type of numbers.

I'm saying only as the final output stage to portaudio as a temporary hack to get things working. Its not a good idea otherwise.

.hc