OK, ran with verbose.. and tried to create mtx_mul~:

tried /mtx_mul~.pd_darwin and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/cyclone/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/zexy/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/cxc/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/ext13/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/iemabs/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and failed
tried
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/iemmatrix/mtx_mul~.pd_darwin
and succeeded
mtx_mul~
... couldn't create

So it succeeds and then can't create it?
As always, thanks for your help,

Kevin

On 12/8/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kevin McCoy wrote:
> That's what I am seeing - the hex names in my externals dir.  Anything

good.

> to correct that?  Those are the only ones I cannot create, even when I

there is nothing to correct, as it is as it should be.

the reason for the hex names is, that a lot of filesystems don't like
certain characters. using the hex-names guarantees ascii filenames.

> type in their hex names as they stand as .pd_darwin files.

you cannot use the hex-names, you have to use their real names.

please run pd with the "-verbose" flag and tell us, what exactly pd
prints when it cannot create the object.

btw, i am not sure, whether [mtx_*~] really uses the hex-loader (most
likely it just uses the alias mtx_mul~)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes

--
"[D]aily life [is] a theatrical landscape in which 'everyone has their
price,' God (via televangelism) and happiness (smile buttons) become