i think that u need install mpeg libraries. use "aptitude install" and
"aptitude search" to locate these libraries and install then.

after install mpegs libraries, maybe i'll find other errors when initialize
pd. in each error found, look for the library using aptitude tool.

my 2 cents.

seeya

p!

2007/3/31, Javier García <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>Sounds like the library isn't loaded.  Did you install  the .pdsettings
>file following the instructions in the readme?

I have just made that but when i open pd, it says:

/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: libmpeg.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Gem: can't load library

any idea?

>From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Javier García <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: PD-list@iem.at
>Subject: Re: [PD] I can't create Gem objects
>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:17:16 -0400
>

>Sounds like the library isn't loaded.  Did you install  the .pdsettings
>file following the instructions in the readme?
>
>.hc
>
>On Mar 28, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Javier García wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have just installed an extended release of puredata
>>(Pd-0.39.2-extended-test6-linux-i686) on Ubuntu Edgy.
>>
>>It worked, but I tried to create a Gem object and it didnt  work...whats
>>the
>>problem?

>----
>
>The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther  King,
>Jr.

ricardo palmieri
# 1185833173
[palm.estudiolivre.org]