On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Jamie Bullock wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 13:00 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
verb/is article/this noun/sentence adjective/easier prep/to verb/read ?
Yes, but how do you resolve:
verb/colour
noun/colour
adjective/colour

the verb could be written "colourise".

the verb could be prefixed with "to ", as an infinitive, while the noun wouldn't.

there is no adjective "colour", although like many nouns it can be used in several grammatical cases to form adjective-like prefixes such as in "colour-blind".

video/colour
audio/colour

That is a good example; also there are several definitions of colour in use in video and/or visual arts. Colour is often assumed to be the information in a RGB pixel or equivalent, but sometimes it's assumed to include opacity as well. However, on my old telly, "COLOR" means "chroma gain" (saturation gain) instead, and that's also what "colour" means in Video4Linux1 digitiser settings. "Colour balance" usually means "chroma offset", nothing to do with luma and thus nothing to do with the whole of RGB, but not directly saturation either. In elementary school, our teacher was proud to teach us that "black and white are not REAL colours!".