Hello Denis,

I don't know how to do this with pd native objects, but it's possible to use another 'language' for this task, in attached patch taken from some researches on the web, TCL language is used with the [MiXed/tot] external, but you also can use bash with [shell] or [popen], or python with [pyext].

Denis Fitzpatrick a écrit :
I would like to get a list of all the sound files in a directory (including sub-directories possibly), and be able to iterate through this list (perhaps randomly), getting their length, then loading and playing all or part of these files. Any suggestions regarding objects/patches to look at would be greatly appreciated.

Denis

begin:vcard
fn:Patrice Colet
n:Colet;Patrice