Derek Holzer wrote:
If I use a simple counter structure that continues to generate a number from [f] & [+1] at every bang, and use [mod] to keep that number within certain bounds, then eventually it will require more and more memory to hold the number coming from [f], right? Is this a potential memory leak, or is there a cap to how much memory it will hold?

Likewise, is there a max limit to the number that can be stored in [f]? I've seen that [f] resets itself somewhere around 8.394e+06. Does that mean that [f] resets itself and clears the memory?

Or in less-theoretical and more practical terms, would it make sense to reset [f] to 0 every so often, or let it run forever towards infinity?

best,
d.

Hi all,

I often make counters using [moses], see attachement.

Tim
#N canvas 150 46 268 264 10;
#X obj 94 96 f;
#X msg 195 133 0;
#X obj 144 96 moses 5;
#X obj 94 47 metro 200;
#X obj 94 22 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1 -1 1 1
;
#X obj 144 132 + 1;
#X floatatom 94 176 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X obj 72 47 bng 15 250 50 0 empty empty empty 0 -6 0 8 -262144 -1
-1;
#X floatatom 204 51 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X connect 0 0 2 0;
#X connect 0 0 6 0;