On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

[key %( and [key ~( are working for me, but the others are not. I'll see about implementing the symbolic names for everything (i.e. "rightbracket", "doublequote", etc.).

watch out if you are using tcl's [eval]: it will parse the string as tcl code if you don't quote the content properly. I say that because it's what this bug report sounds like.

problems with % and ~ would look like something else instead.

I think there will be some wierdness inevitably since it'll have to work around Pd type system for things like backslash.

It's not about the type system, it's about the parser, and you only need double your backslash, just like you have to backslash comma and semicolon.