--- Begin Message --- try the http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm or the newer http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3c3.htm

I used alix1c for wireless node at okno.be, not pd stuff already, but they are realy well dezigned and solid. the AMD Geode LX800 (500Mhz) is x86/x87 compatible, has mmx/3DNow! fpu with 256Mb SDRAM, and the board has audio and vesa port already. and they are realy cheap : around 100€ ... I was considering buying one for pd patches.

we installed openwrt kamikaze on it, but you can install any other linux like debian with ease ...

hope it helps a bit...

Olm-e.

Derek Holzer wrote:
Hi all,

I'm back on my Mini-ITX research, hoping to use one for an upcoming PD installation as well as a live performance box. But what I'm missing is some kind of comparison of price vs functionality here. As well as some overview of which CPUs and chipsets are good for audio and Linux and which ones are not. Can anyone make a recommendation for a Mini-ITX system with a good processor which has proven usable for fairly complex PD patching with Linux, or point in the direction of a good online resource for this kind of info?

thx + best!
d.

--- End Message ---