nLink is deprecated for 3 years now...
I've just removed it from the help files.

marius schebella a écrit :
thank you, nicolas, that's perfect!
did you have a look at nLink? I think it is not working. (os x).
marius.

Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
Here is the corrected version, you have to use two tLinks : one aginst x and one against y.

marius schebella a écrit :
Frank Barknecht wrote:
Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

I know, I am already too old for posting feature requests. I was just thinking that I miss the ability to damp the speed of masses in msd.
right now I am using something like
mass mass1 1 100 0 0
mass mass2 1 100 1 0
link l mass1 mass2 10 10 0 0.01 0
link l 1
I want that the masses reject each other within a certain range and then just reduce speed and stop if the speed is lower than a certain threshold. probably I should try to implement this myself. but maybe I am only missing something.
Are you looking for some kind of "air resistance" damping?  I normally
use an "nlink" or "tlink" to add a global damping to masses.
I am not quite sure how nlinks and tlink work. tLink seems to work with a vector that is not related to the current link vector but to absolute x/y, maybe nLink is what I need? but nlinks do not work for me at all, or are they no real links or is this a bug? tLink with a vector 1/1 seems to be the same as the plain link message. correct? and there seems to be no difference between a tLink 1/1 and a tLink 2/2?

I tried to use tLink to get global damping, but I am not sure how to do this (attached patch..)
marius.

http://nicomon.basseslumieres.org