Hi,

I've just installed the latest 0.91 beta GEM version for windows, using the
.bat installer that comes in the package, which copies all help and
documentation files where (supposedly) needed.
I installed it over a pd-vanilla 0.41-2.

In the installer patch I edited the following lines:

    REM where does PD reside ??
    set PDPATH="%PROGRAMFILES%\pd 0.41-2"
    REM which pd-version do we have ?
    set PDVERSION=0.41

If I create an [alpha] or [color] or [gemwin], [gemhead], [pix_texture],
[rectangle] or ALMOST any objects, and then right-click on them and select
"help", I get the message:

   sorry, couldn't find help patch for "alpha.pd"

But I do can get the help patch for [pix_film] and [pix_movie] !!!! (they
seem to be the only 2 objects whose help I can open, among the ones I have
tried).

What am I doing wrong?

I now see that all the help patches have been copied to
%PDPATH%/extra/help-Gem

I have also tried by manually copying them also into
%PDPATH%/doc/5.reference/gem
but it doesn't work either.

Where should I put the help patches???

On another machine where I installed an older version of GEM it used to
work......