On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

hmm, i am not totally convinced (but actually don't care) as this leads
to bloated objects which can just do everything and you specify what
they should do via parameters. why do we have objects then?

Objects and classes also have other benefits apart from making people believe that they should act a special way just because they are in presence of objects... if that's a benefit...

I don't know of any docs that explain what is good and bad taste in designing pd object class interfaces. This is a topic that is always outside the scope of whichever pd workshop anyone ever takes.