If you put the help files in the same folder as the abstractions, then you don't need to set anything. It'll find them automatically.

.hc

On Jul 19, 2008, at 6:03 AM, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:

Hi List

A Little question about the helppath-startup flag...

I am using Pd version 0.40.3-extended-20080622 on OSX Macbook/Intel

The lib/path definitions finally work fine, but i wonder where i have to put an additional -helppath folder.

I made a patch where all the "mapping" - objects are collected, just to have an overview. And if i right click the objects i want the helpfile to open.

But instead the abstractions open. Even though the help files are in the help-browser in the subfolder 5.reference/mapping.

What should i do ??

1) Include the startup flag -helppath ... bla bla ? There i dont know if on apple the path has to be in " "'s"

2) Add a new path ? So it doesnt make a difference if is "path" or "helppath" ??

3) Modify the puredata.org.plist file ??

Thanks...

Luigi Rensinghoff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
skype:gigischinke