hi Atte

i'm pretty sure it's the singleton it dynamically creates stuff onload.

i hacked together a ssssad (slim super simple state saving system)
uhm what was the a and the d in the abbreviation for?

Atte would you mind and test my version?
please test for functionality and loading time. i might have overseen something.

good luck

eni

(i removed the singleton and included persistence)

Atte André Jensen wrote:
Hi

Ok, so I'm playing with sssad, and it's really easy to work with. I saved some of the settings in my "environment" (a sssad save is here: http://atte.dk/download/test_alive.txt). Loading/saving the state itself is snappy, but loading the main patch is really slow (hogs the machine for 15 seconds, before the load is complete). With plans to add more things to the state, I figure something else must be done. So:

1) Is this normal behaviour of sssad?

2) Should I change something in my setup (backend, ramdisk)? I guess this is not is the part of the problem since loading a state is fast but regular load of the sssad-enabled patch is sloow, but what do I know...

3) Is something broken in my sssad install? I had problems, that I solved by moving sssad* to /usr/lib/pd/extra/ (from /usr/lib/pd/extra/sssad/), but that might have left some badness behind.

BTW: sssad-example, (from which I copied stuff) also loads quite slow, maybe 2-3 seconds.

#N canvas 267 25 728 505 10;
#X obj 153 54 inlet;
#X obj 153 417 outlet;
#X obj 153 395 list;
#X obj 176 161 r SSSAD;
#X obj 218 134 s SSSAD;
#X obj 218 112 list prepend \$1;
#X obj 176 189 list trim;
#X obj 218 54 inlet;
#X obj 56 308 r SSSAD_ADMIN;
#X obj 56 356 b;
#X obj 56 334 route set;
#X obj 153 81 b;
#X obj 176 252 route \$1;
#X obj 191 282 s \$0-sssad-data;
#X obj 372 302 list;
#X obj 372 362 list prepend \$1;
#X obj 372 389 list prepend persist;
#X obj 372 412 s SSSAD_ADMIN;
#X obj 372 190 r SSSAD_ADMIN;
#X obj 372 236 route save;
#X obj 372 258 b;
#X obj 395 279 r \$0-sssad-data;
#X obj 372 212 spigot;
#X obj 508 154 loadbang;
#X obj 508 208 f 1;
#X obj 540 258 sel 1;
#X obj 525 182 r SSSAD_\$1.test;
#X obj 540 303 s SSSAD_\$1.test;
#X obj 540 279 f 0;
#X obj 508 234 t a a;
#X obj 526 338 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 17 7 0 10 -262144 -1 -1 0
1;
#X text 549 337 <- first?;
#X connect 0 0 11 0;
#X connect 2 0 1 0;