Hi again Philippe,

OK, I see from a previous message that you have OSX. Of course, this
doesn't mean you can't Google there also ;-)

But, in short, here:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041003195620508

I see the following:

> Some large bittorrent files will be composed of hundreds of smaller .rar
> files. If the total number of files in a torrent is over 256, OS X bittorrent
> applications will fail with the "too many open files" error. This is because
> by default, OS X applications have a maximum limit of 256 open files. To get
> around this, in a terminal type:
>
> ulimit -n 2000
>
> Use 2000 or some other suitably large number. Then launch your bittorrent
> application from the same terminal window by cd'ing into the package, etc.
> Note that this will not work unless your application is launched from the
> same terminal.
>
> There is probably a way to insert the ulimit statement into a logon script so
> that the effect is systemwide, but as of yet I haven't figured it out.

So is it possible that you opening more than 256 patches at once?
Anyways, using ulimit when you open PD from the command line is only a
workaround. If this bug is new for PD 0.43 I'd suggest downgrading to a
more stable version (heck, I still only trust 0.39!!!!) and filing a bug
report on the bleeding-edge one.

best,
d.

--