i...@thesaddj.com wrote:
Hi all,
here is Marco, this is my first post.. glad to be here.
i'm trying to use the [alpha] object to mix different videos
using OpenGL.  I followed tutorials, checked the forum and
the list but i still have this problem:
I can change the transparency of a geo without texture, and
everything works also when i load images. But when i add
[pix_film] or [pix_movie] and i load a video the geo itself
disappears - if alpha is on - and appears again (displaying
correctly the video) when alpha is off.

this seems to be a problem with the video having an alpha-channel set to 0 - thus making the video totally transparent.
the problem might be not the actual video-data but the video-importer.
which platform are you on?

I also tried to change [pix_texture] with [pix_texture2] and
[rectangle] with other geos, but nothing...

this is expected, as [pix_texture2] is (nowadays) really just an alias for [pix_texture] and all Geos should behave consistently.

mfdasr
IOhannes