Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

(like many others(?)) i would definitely be interested in this, eventually spending coding time.

I also would contribute code, but first I think we need to figure out what to code, and figuring out what to code seems to the be the hardest problem.

definitely.
i didn't propose anything here (apart from my rant about no tcl code being allowed in a C-file in a previous mail) since i am currently busy doing other things and i am not even sure whether a mailing list is a good medium for such things. nor an IRC chat. nor "just coding".

To me it doesn't seem so hard, most of it is pretty straightforward, but I am sure there are key sticky bits that are the real problem, I am just not aware of what those sticky bits are.

In the process of rewriting the GUI, handling this stuff doesn't seem very difficult, Tcl is pretty good at escaping text, and it is already UTF-8 throughout.

One thing, quotes seem pretty natural to me as a way of quoting symbols with spaces, for example. Perhaps we could use the Tcl-style {} for quotes since they are currently not used at all in Pd. The other one is

personally i am more a fan of using {} for grouping lists as is the tcl-style as well (and i think the confusion in tcl whether one should use "" or {} really a bad thing) however, if Pd is not meant to have any nested lists ever, this would of course be no problem.

fgmasdr
IOhannes