John Harrison wrote:
If nobody is going to fix the jpeg codec for pdp_rec~, could that codec be
removed? It gives no errors, appears to work, the frames advance, but the
recordings don't come out. This email thread shows this has been a known
problem for some time now and there is no intention to fix it.

A student and I just lost some time working on her non-trivial patch and the
problem was that she was using the jpeg codec with pdp_rec~. We didn't have
a lot of clues to work with to diagnose the problem.

If we do not wish to remove the codec entirely, perhaps a warning might show
up on the pd console that the jpeg codec is buggy/not supported.

without having a full understanding of the problem, i somehow doubt that the problem is really in pdp/pidip but rather within libquicktime. putting a warning in the calling application might be even more confusing, once the codec get's fixed upstream. filtering for a certain codec can also be confusing, since the codec-names are dynamically extracted from what libquicktime offers, and thus can change by simply installing/upgrading a certain plugin.

of course this doesn't help you with your problem.

fga,sdr
IOhannes