Sorry, no time to patch it for you now, but basically send the total number of frames output by [pix_film] to the cold inlet of mod, send the output of the counter to the hot inlet of [mod]. By changing the speed of the [metro] in the counter, you change frame playback rate. You can also put another [mod] below that to loop a smaller section, with a [+] following it to make the frame offset.

In bad ASCII:

[metro (playback speed in ms)]

[f]x[+1]

[mod (total number of frames)]

[mod (length of loop in frames)]

[+ (starting frame of loop)]

(cold inlet of [pix_film])

Hope that makes sense! I'll leave it to you to figure out how to make it run backwards ;-)

Best,
D.

Marco Donnarumma wrote:
Yes, Connect the second outlet of [pix_film] to [unpack].
Then the first outlet of [unpack] will give you the total amount of frames of the video you load. So you can connect the first outlet of [unpack] to the last inlet of [counter]. This will set the maximum value to reach for [counter]. I use [counter] to play each frame of the video and i send the scratch values in its third inlet.

this is how i do it... but as Derek were suggesting there is the [mod] object too.. Derek how do you use it?
just for curiosity...
thanks..

best