On May 29, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

--- On Fri, 5/29/09, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
Subject: Re: [PD] Tidy question
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: pd-list@iem.at
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 4:37 PM

On May 29, 2009, at 4:17 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: pd-list@iem.at
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 4:06 PM

Sounds worth trying, I haven't myself.  We've
recently
done some work on the whole MinGW build
environment and docs
so it should be relatively straightforward to get
going.  If you just want to build Pd, then
its much
easier.  Most of the build environment setup
is for all
the libs, which Pd itself doesn't need.

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/mingw

I don't understand the final step under the heading
"Building
Pd-extended with MinGW".  Am I supposed to be in
a msys shell
or cygwin?  Because the "svn" command only works
in cygwin.

The final step is to get the whole source tree for
Pd-extended then
build just Pd (not the whole package).  The 'svn' part
can be run in
Cygwin.  You can install a MSYS svn or you can add
Cgywin to the path
(last, so the MSYS always task precedence) then you can use
the Cygwin
svn in MSYS.  The "make -f makefile.mingw" must be run
in MSYS.

.hc

Ok, now I'm building in msys but getting the mysterious message:
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h', needed by
`g_canvas.o'.  Stop.

I'm using your mingw installation, and stdlib.h definitely exists.
Any ideas on why it's not pointing to the right place?

Try deleting "makefile.dependencies" :

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2007-12/010313.html

.hc

-Jonathan

-Jonathan

.hc

On May 28, 2009, at 12:00 AM, Jonathan Wilkes