On Jun 17, 2009, at 11:47 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Ok, a couple of questions before I get deeper into the revisions:

1. Should help patches be tailored for font sizes other than 10?
It might be feasible to do this for size 12 fonts, but it will make
patches look worse at size 10.  For example, to accommodate 12pt
fonts, paragraphs and comments to the right of objects will have to
be given more padding, which looks awkward at 10pts.  If there's no
padding, objects and paragraphs will collide when you try to
enlarge the fonts.

So far, 10 points has been the standard for a while. It seems like a lot of work to change it with only a minor benefit, IMHO.

2.  The "description:" comment isn't long enough for some of the
descriptions, which I think are already reasonably short (e.g.,
czero_rev~).  It would fit without the word "description", but I'm
guessing this would cause problems for the future search
functionality that's been discussed.  Any ideas?  I could just
duplicate the description in the pd-meta subpatch but that's kind
of awkward.

Hmm, can't think of a simple fix for that. On one hand, having the word "Description" on the header is cumbersome looking, on the other, its easily parsible. I say it would be good to remove the word "description", then it can still be reasonably parsed by using the x,y location.