Marco Donnarumma wrote:
Martin, so i guess also the method i explained before is deprecated?
I always done this way, so it's important to know if it is wrong approach :)

[dumpOSC]

[unpackOSC /testone /testtwo]

?

Well if it works for you, use it, but it gives me errors.
It should be:

[dumpOSC]

[OSCroute /testone /testtwo]

It works fine for most applications.
Basically [sendOSC], [dumpOSC], [OSCroute] work together using UDP.

[packOSC], [unpackOSC} and [routeOSC] work with [udpsend], [udpreceive] or [tcpclient], [tcpserver], or [comport].

Martin

thanks

    That's because [unpackOSC] expects a stream of bytes from something like
    [udpreceive].

    I think you should use
    [udpreceive]

    [unpackOSC]

    [routeOSC /something /else]

    See doc/5.reference/mrpeach/routeOSC-help.pd

    Or (deprecated):

    [dumpOSC]

    [route /something /else]

    Martin

--
Marco Donnarumma aka The !S.A.D!

Multimedia Artist, Live Performer - Roma, IT

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net