> I didn't try the patch, but I looked at the source code
> (current svn, revision 11896) briefly, and noticed that
> envrms~.c doesn't use CLASS_MAINSIGNALIN(), so maybe the dsp
> stuff isn't initialized correctly.

That's interesting, and I think it is a clue to what is going on, but it is
[envrms~] that makes the signal come _out_ of [clip~]. Without this connected
it doesn't go from [clip~] to [svf~] even though it is directly connected.
That's why this is a confusing bug. It is as though the [envrms~] acts like a
siphon, opening the flow for the signal to travel, but doing it remotely as the
[envrms~] just goes to an atom, and does not play a part in the signal path or
control mechanism of the synthesizer.
Interestingly enough, this does not happen with the nogui version - [clinok~] -
only the gui version - [clinoker~]
I'll have a look at svf~ to see if the bug is there.

Cheese,
Ed