On Aug 13, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

"message" also "requires" a definition as much as anything else, >

There is an introduction (not a real "definition") to Pd's messages here:
http://puredata.info/dev/PdMessages/

It uses the term "selector" all over, as I, too, think, it's key to
understanding messages in Pd.

Just to be clear, that page is Frank's take on redefining the PdDefinitions page. I don't think we ever came up with a final, agreed upon set of definitions, that's why I bring it up. I think mostly there is agreement on the definitions, but there are some key differences. You can see my attempt here (both on the bottom of the PdDefinitions page).

http://puredata.info/dev/HansDataTypeDefinitions

On that note, it would be good to see other people digesting this info and posted on that page.

Terrorism is not an enemy. It cannot be defeated. It's a tactic. It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and expect we're going to win that war. We're not going to win the war on terrorism. - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom