They install into the same dir, so you can't. You can always reinstall 'puredata' later. Or build it from SVN.

.hc

On Aug 21, 2009, at 11:23 AM, tim vets wrote:

2009/8/21 Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>

Hey Tim,

It's included in the 0.41.4 release of Pd-extended.

ok thanks Hans,

I tried to install that version using the .deb package, but i get:

dpkg: considering removing puredata in favour of pd-extended ...
dpkg: no, cannot proceed with removal of puredata (--auto- deconfigure will help):
 ubuntustudio-audio depends on puredata
  puredata is to be removed.
dpkg: regarding .../Pd-0.41.4-extended-ubuntu-hardy-i386.deb containing pd-extended:
 pd-extended conflicts with pd
  puredata provides pd and is installed.
dpkg: error processing /home/tim/downloads/Pd-0.41.4-extended-ubuntu- hardy-i386.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing pd-extended

I prefer to keep my old version too for now...
gr,
Tim

.hc